According to the Constitution of Universiti Putra Malaysia, the UPM Islamic Centre is responsible for the following aspects:
- Plan and implement the activities for personal excellence and human capital taking into account the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual development.
- Plan and implement religious and spiritual activities that can help to generate the aqidah, worship and morality to produce the generation of Khair Ummah and realising Ahsan Al-Taqwim.
- Offer spiritual and religious services which can help to strengthen faith, taqwa and ihsan in accordance to the era of globalisation and ICT.
- Design and implement Islamic appreciation activities aimed at the formation of a superior society and civilization align with the Islamic teachings which are Syumul and Kamil.
- Integrating knowledge, skills, faith and charity integrally for the dissemination and development of Fardhu Ain and Fardhu Kifayah which produce noble character.
- Provide assistance to all of the Responsibility Centres in UPM, government agencies, private parties and customers in relation to the Islamic affairs and the like for the future of Islam and Muslims.
UPM ISLAMIC CENTRE,
UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA,
43400 UPM SERDANG,
SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN.
Pusat Islam UPM
Updated:: 09/01/2019 [hasniah]