Despite its commitment to environmental sustainability, air-based protein is claimed to have several health benefits over traditional animal meat as it contains soy-free, pesticides-free and free from genetically modified organisms. Solar Foods claims its air-based protein called Solein has a higher protein content per kilogram and rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids compared to any other meat source. This discovery gives a ray of hope for environmentally friendly alternative while delighting the palates of meat enthusiasts worldwide.
- Solar Foods. (2022, 26th October). Solar Foods receives novel food regulatory approval for a protein grown with CO2 and electricity. Solar Foods. Retrieved from https://solarfoods.com/solar-foods-receives-novel-food-regulatory-approval/
- Petya Trendafilova. (2022, 17th September). Scientists can now reuse CO2 to make meat. Carbon Heralds. Retrieved from https://carbonherald.com/scientists-can-now-reuse-co2-to-make-meat/
- Air Protein Incorporation. (2023). Protein with next gen functionality. Air Protein. Retrieved from https://airprotein.com/
- Food and Agriculture of the United Nations. (2023). Key facts and findings. FAO. Retrieved from https://www.fao.org/news/story/en/item/197623/icode/
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations. (2017). United Nations. Retrieved from https://www.un.org/en/desa/world-population-projected-reach-98-billion-2050-and-112-billion-2100
Author : Dr. Ezyana Binti Kamal Bahrin
Date of Input: 03/11/2023 | Updated: 08/11/2023 | emma